Chai is traditionally a sweet milky tea, originating in India. Chai tea is renowned for it's spicy aromas and delicious flavours. Sometimes you hear chai tea being called masala chai. Masala means spice and chai means tea, so Masala Chai means Spice Tea. When I discovered Chai in the Czech Republic (no not India!) it was called Data Masala, meaning many spices. Click here to hear how I discovered chai.What are the ingredients in Real Chai?
What does Real Chai taste like?
This is a great question. Imagine exotic spices, swirling in the warmth and creaminess of milk combined with the sweetness of honey. Mmmmm Bliss. Real Chai has been described by customers as "heaven in a cup" & "endorphin releasing". It's rich, warming, comforting & aromatic...all at the same time. 100% of customers surveyed have rated the taste of Real Chai as above average - well above average."Beeeaaaauuuutiful, grand, absolutely wonderful, very tantalising to the palate. I've tried tonnes of different chai blends and this is superb. This is the one I will stick to... So, you'll definitely hear from us again" Kerrie Supple Kallinderis, SA
Hear more of what people say about Real Chai tea.
Does Real Chai Contain Caffeine?
Real Chai is low in caffeine. It's lower than coffee and regular tea. I use a naturally occurring low caffeine tea as the base and it's 70% spices, so each teaspoon of chai is only 30% tea.
Is Real Chai sweetened?
No! You get to control how sweet you make it. Real Chai comes unsweetened then you can add honey to taste. I recommend honey over sugar as it makes for an even more delicious brew. Personally I'm a sweet tooth so i like to add one big teaspoon of honey per cup. Of course, if you prefer you can enjoy Real Chai unsweetened too, you don't have to add honey. It's completely up to you.
Chocolate Chai? What is that like?
Oh yeah! All you choccie lovers this one is for you. I used to sip my chai while nibbling on chocolate until I realised I could combine them into one delicious drink. Real Chai Chocolate is made using French Dark Chocolate Chunks that melt as you brew. It's like a spicy hot chocolate, great for rainy days or an after dinner treat.
Making Real Chai is easy and effortless. You can do it on the stovetop (my favourite way) in a teapot or plunger. Click here to find out more about how to make real chai
Can I have Real Chai without milk?
You can! Lot's of people in Australia enjoy Real Chai without milk. Chai is traditionally brewed with milk in India but that's the great thing about Real Chai, you can brew it the way YOU like it. It contains only spices and tea, so if you prefer not to use milk simply leave it out for a delicious black tea version. I personally love to use Soy Milk in my chai over dairy milk. I find its creamier and has more body and really compliments the spices well. I recommend Aussie Soy or Bonsoy.
How long will Real Chai keep for?
Real Chai has a shelf life of up to two years. Store in an airtight container for maximum freshness. I've no doubt you'll be drinking your Real Chai well and truly before this time!
How many cups will I get out of each packet?
50g -10 cups
100g - 20 cups
200g - 40 cups
470g - 85 cups
- Browse the online shop & add all the desired items to the shopping cart. You can see more info about a product by clinking on the image.
- To place an item in the shopping cart, click on the "add to cart" button for each product.
- Your shopping cart will appear at the bottom of the page. You can remove an item by clicking the word "remove" under the image. You can change the quantities by clicking the word "edit" on the right of the cart. You can view items in you shopping cart at any stage by pressing the "shopping cart" icon. You can hide your cart by clicking "hide cart" on the left of the cart.
- Once you have finished shopping click the "checkout" button on the top of the page. Fill in your details and any discount codes you may have Click complete purchase - Done!
Can I order via the phone or email instead of online?Yes of course. We accept orders over the phone or via fax between office hours 9am-5pm EST. Monday to Friday. Ph - 0424894627. Or if you prefer drop me an email with your address details and order to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you deliver everywhere in Australia, how long does it take?Yes we deliver to all Australian destinations and overseas.
- Same state delivery should arrive the next day.
- Canberra to Sydney 2 days.
- Canberra to Adelaide 3 days.
- Between other capital cities & regional areas 3-5 days (Australia Post does not gareentee these times, they are a guide only)
Do you do Express Post?Absolutely if you need your chai in a hurry (you're down to your last cup or you have a last minute present to organise) Just select the express post option at the online check out. Only $10 for orders up to 500g. More for heavier items